Structure of the Editorial Board
The Editorial Board of the Journals published by the ESRA Publications comprises of an Editor-in-Chief and the Editorial Board Members. Editor-in- Chief will be the Chief of the Board; hence he/she is permitted to take the final decision in any regard.
The formation of the Editorial Board is done through incorporating global experts with excellent academic track record, experience and expertise in the respective subject/field or discipline of the Journal and it will be done by taking the consent of the to-be- member in advance. There is no restriction on the number of the Editorial Board members.
Editorial board members should have a Ph. D., degree in the relevant area/field/discipline/subject of the Journal. He/she must have a good publication record. Should hold some academic position in the Universities, research Institutions or research organizations or should be serving as the Editor-in-Chief, Editor or serving as a Member of the Editorial Boards of the reputed Publishers in the same area/field/discipline/subject.
Responsibilities of the Editorial Board
- Editor-in- Chief generally reports directly to the Board of Directors of the Publication company. Makes recommendations pertaining to the improvements and dissemination of research and scientific material in the Journal, as and when required. He/she oversees publications Department staff regarding the publication of articles in the Journal.
- All the Editorial Board Members obey the directions provided to them from time-to- time by the Editor-in- Chief of the respective Journal.
- Editors or Associate Editors or Members of the Editorial Board sometimes after initial screening, reject the manuscripts without external peer review. Reason for this practice is usually that the manuscript is outside the aims and scope of the Journal, it does not meet the quality of the Journal and the standard of the Journal, or is of limited scientific value or lacks novelty or originality.
- Editor or by Associate Editor or Member of the Editorial Board is responsible for selecting potential reviewers considering their expertise in the subject areas and keeps monitoring the review process for the assigned manuscript.
- It is the responsibility the Editor or Member of the Editorial Board to inform the selected reviewers that reviewers are not entitled to copy and use any part of the work in any form provided in the manuscript they are reviewing. Editor should also inform the Reviewers about maintaining the complete confidentiality of the assignment that they have undertaken.
- Editor or Member of the Editorial Board who has been assigned the job, should not have any conflict of interest with any assignment, if so, he/she should decline the assignment immediately by informing the Editorial Office with proper reasons.
- Every Editor or Member of the Editorial Board should treat every author who is submitting his/her work with proper dignity, courtesy and fair behaviour irrespective of considering the matter and the fate of the manuscript to be published.
- Editorial Board member should be Honest and transparent; and it is one of the requirements to become an Editorial Board member, where as an Editor should judge every manuscript submitted to the Journal equally with transparency.
- Editor or Member of the Editorial Board should provide the final decision on the manuscript assigned within the allotted time with proper reason and clarification to the Editorial Office.
- Editor-in- Chief will take the final decision related to publication oriented issues (if any).